Vocational and Technical Training
International cooperation > Methodology guides
For the last ten years, the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur du Québec has helped the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) put in place a support program for national policies in vocational and technical training, most notably by elaborating and supporting the work entitled The engineering of vocational and technical training, that has served as a reference guide for the renovation and development of training systems in French speaking countries.
More recently, a copyright licence has been granted to OIF authorizing them to use documents produced by the Ministry, in collaboration with educational networks, to produce six supporting guides for implementing the idea of competency based approach. These guides mostly touch various components in engineering and are a complementary document to the information presented in The engineering of vocational and technical training. The process was adapted to keep developing countries in mind and their limited access to external resources. Several different reference guides are available. The set includes a presentation document and six guides.
- Guide 1 : Design and production of sector and preliminary studies (French only)
- Guide 2 : Design and production of a trade-competency model (French only)
- Guide 3 : Design and production of a training model (French only)
- Guide 4 : Design and production of a pedagogical guide (French only)
- Guide 5 : Design and production of an evaluation model (French only)
- Guide 6 : Design and production of a pedagogical and materials organizational guide (French only)
Québec's strengths were a determining factor in the production of these guides. Sharing expertise helped put phase two of the Support program in national policies in vocational and technical training at the OIF into action and meets the expectations of the chiefs of state and governments of the Francophonie at the last summit meetings of the Francophonie. OIF offers Québec a way to diffuse our expertise all around the world and to benefit from the know-how developed in other parts of the Francophone world.